Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Different Kind of Blog

As of today, I am starting a second blog.  It's going to be quite different from this one.   In fact, it's less of a blog, and more like an humorous adventure serial that is being carried by a blog like thing.  What it shares with this blog is that it's all about community (and growing food).

With the demise of the community effort that I put my life into over the last year, I have been feeling adrift.  In addition to all the nonfiction stuff that I'm still reading, I've started reading fiction again, especially fantasy and comic fiction.  I've been watching Doctor Who clips on YouTube and reading an online webcomic.  I've been feeling a need for a little escapism.  And out of all that fiction and nonfiction reading and the stuff I've been watching, combined with my knowledge of community and other stuff, came an urge to write.  Like other people, I've been trying to write the sort of stuff that I've wanted to read. 

Thus, the wacky world of Lagoon Commune.  It's the story of a young woman who starts a commune in an unnamed state with Green Mountains and New Hampshire neighbors.  I intend to publish a new chapter every Wednesday.  (I know, today is Sunday, but all the rest of the chapters will be published on Wednesdays.)  It's, maybe, a very humorous, in fact, over the top, look at community building.  Hopefully, it has some insights into community as well--but snuck into the humor.

And I hope Beatles lovers will forgive me for completely massacring one (and maybe more in the future) of their songs.


Quote of the Day:  "You can get through very serious and sometimes horrible and sometimes embarrassing and very awkward situations with humor." - Janet Evanovich

No comments: